Coach Chito Rivera is a master swimming trainer who has been teaching swimming lessons in the Philippines since 1980. His passion for teaching exposed him to various experiences where he coached various swim clubs and school teams. Due to his vast experience, he is well-known in the athletic community.
Coach Chito has led athletic associations to compete in the national and international stage. Among his many accomplishments, he was elected Secretary General of the Philippine Amateur Swimming Association, and served from 2002 until 2004. In his stint as Secretary General of the country’s National Sports Association, he implemented programs that helped Team Pilipinas win the Championship in the Southeast Asian Age-Group in 2003, which was held in the country. He was also appointed as the head of the Philippine Delegation in the 2003 Southeast Asian Games (SEA GAMES) in Vietnam, and the 2004 Olympics held in Athens, Greece.
After leading world-class swimmers in the Olympic Games, he continued to teach and organize swimming schools in the Philippines. He focused on the grassroots level and organized tournaments to discover hidden talents. From there, he was able to develop modules that made the learning process easy for all ages, and even held swimming lessons for babies and young children. He envisions to develop more talented and patriotic Filipino swimmers to compete for flag and country.
What is CLASS?
Chitorivera’s Learning Aquatic Skills & Services (CLASS) is a swimming school in the Philippines that offers a wide range of swimming lessons for kids, babies and even adults ages up to 70 years old. CLASS aims to provide adaptive swimming programs for their students with or without the background in swimming. Their courses are created using developmental learning principles.
The main objective of CLASS is to hone the swimming skills of their students to reach their way to aquatic excellence. Their mission is to become “The nation’s partner in raising and empowering holistic Filipino swimmers.” While the institution’s vision is “to strive in providing safe, specialized and adaptive swimming education programs that suit the needs of every Filipino from all sectors of society.”
What are the Swimming Courses offered at CLASS?
CLASS offers adaptive swimming programs which are designed based on the students’ age. Students as young as 6 months old to 70 years old can enroll on the designed swimming courses. Here are the swimming courses offered at CLASS:
- Turtles – Turtles is a swimming lesson for babies. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts 30 to 45 minutes. are offered to infants ages 6 months old to 1 year old. It teaches infants how to hold their breaths in the water, do flutter kicks, glide and breathe in and out of the water.
- Aquatots – Aquatots is offered to 2 years old. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts 30 to 45 minutes. This class aims to refine what the students learn from the Turtles class and prepare them for a water class set-up.
- Penguins – Penguins class is offered to 3 years old. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts 30 to 45 minutes. Penguins class teaches the four basic swimming strokes: butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle.
- Croco Kids – Croco Kids class is offered to kids ages 4 years old which are exposed to swimming in beaches and swimming pools. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts for an hour. This class provides a formal and advanced swimming lesson for the students. This also gives students an understanding of water safety.
- Aquariors – Aquariors class is offered to 5 to 17 years old. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts for an hour. It aims to ready students for future competitions as an athlete. The class has a prerequisite and students should have prior training/knowledge with the four basic swimming strokes, treading, freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke, and backstroke.
- Aquadults – Aquadults class is offered to 18 to 70 years old. The class has 10 or 12 sessions which lasts for 30 to 45 minutes. This class teaches its students to learn the four basic strokes to a more structured swimming technique. For adults, the class is similar to teaching for younger students and helps them conquer their fear of water or for other healthier purposes like exercise, bad posture correction, relieves back pain, and boosts lung capacity.
Why Choose Us?
- We are one of the foremost swimming institution that provides swimming education in the Philippines. We help train and coach our students using our extensive competencies in swimming.
- We follow the most up-to-date swimming teaching approaches suitable to the developmental stage of the learner with the lowest teacher-student ratio.
- We provide an encouraging and pleasant environment for our students. The facilities in our school are safe, well-kept, ventilated and situated in the most convenient locations.
- Our teaching staff consists of highly-trained, certified, dynamic and passionate swimming coaches with experiences in proper handling of children and adults.
- We offer a wide range of aquatic services that enables to meet the demands of private and public institutions.
- We uphold to the highest level of commitment to safety, excellence, and service to country.
Where Can You Find Us?
Chitorivera’s Learning Aquatic Skills & Services is located at Don Bosco College in Mandaluyong. The address is 736 Gen. Kalentong, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila.
Swimming lessons are also offered to these locations:
- Quezon City (Fairview, Novaliches)
- Pasig (Rosario, Ugong)
- San Juan
- San Fernando, Pampanga
- Rosa, Laguna
CLASS offers a multitude of specialized swimming classes designed for every age group. Chitorivera’s Learning Aquatic Skills & Services is one of the leading and largest swimming schools in the Philippines. The school conducts swimming lessons in Manila and nearby provinces in Luzon – Quezon City, Pasig, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Pampanga, and Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Contact us at (02) 571-9262 / (02) 861-5254.